Tuesday, April 15, 2008

....getting nervous.. first blog attempt...reader beware

Hello internet- How are you? This is my first time so be gentle! I started to write a journal as I am notorious for having a bad ... you know... that thing that recalls things in your brain... (I am also notorious for lame jokes) Anyway - I told Cami we needed to keep up with the Jones' and start a blog- (we can't afford the new segway http://www.segway.com/ they have) really I just thought it would be nice to let everyone know how cute our kids are -if you have seen them you know what I am talking about! That is not just a proud dad bragging, it is a scientific fact.

So here is what I wrote in my totally out dated mead notebook. Can you believe I actually used a pen?

One night Ian was wearing his NFL pajamas containing the logos of all the teams. He pointed out his favorite team, the Colts. No, he is not a band wagon jumper--he likes them because it was the first helmet that popped out of the bubble gum type vending machine. Then he pointed to the Packers logo and said
"That is your favorite team dad".
I pointed to the Lions and told him it was mom's team- Bills for Brad (Liggett). Saints for Eddie (Mann). 49ers for Paul (Finster)
Our game continued and he would point to different teams and ask "Do they 'rock' dad?
For most of the teams I said "Yes, they rock"
After a few more teams he said he summed his feelings up with this conclusive statement.
"I like all the teams except the ones that don't rock".

One more cute, quick story: He recently got his CTR ring and proudly showed it to me and said if he ever is having a hard time he will look at his finger- he said --Dad if you are having a hard time you can look at my finger too.

Cute I know- and try to hold the tears back on this one- I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up and he responded simply "Like you Dad".

As for Colin he is super cute he comes running as soon as he hears the garage door open because daddy is home. And when I try to leave for work forget about it!

Well cheers for now- next time I am sure to have some rant or random thoughts on why slapstick comedy is killing America or wax poetic about the Verve's reunion tour in Vegas- Only 10 days... Urban Hymns is still in the top five albums of all time -If you care to challenge me bring it on! If you are looking to debate it listen to Space and Time with some good headphones on and I bet you will go crawling back to musical taste inferiority!
Matt

4 comments:

Fat Dad said...

Good post, bro. I'm excited for your guys' blog and to hear more about your cute kids.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Good first time. Your kids are adorable, it's true.

Unknown said...

Hey! Welcome to the wide wonderful world of blogging! I am just wondering when you are going to come out with a book Matt! You are so funny..and your kids are yummy..and Cami is well...hhhhhmmmmmm...uuuuhhhhh...my silly sister! I am going to be popping in..so make sure you say nice things about me..ha ha!

MDJ said...

Way to go Ligs! A well-rounded post with heartstring-tugging stories and musical mentions--not bad, not bad (except for one thing: you forgot to tell everyone how much you love Naruto! ;)). Oh, and welcome to the blogging bandwagon, amigo.